I often go on and on about Marxism and what a detriment to society I believe it is.
People have asked me, “What exactly is Marxism, and why do you cast it in such a negative light”.
I thought I would take this opportunity to answer those questions.
What is Marxism?
This question alone is the catharsis behind encyclopedias of information that has been written over the decades. I don’t think I will do adequate justice in a blurb in a blog post, but I will try to at least paint a broad picture. Forgive me if I over-simplify a few things.
Marxism comes in many shades, shapes, sizes, and titles… it is a catch-all term for all of the sub-genres that lie within; kind of like “Rock and Roll” encompasses rockabilly, doo-wop, surfer, hard rock, soft rock, pop rock, etc. The foundation of all the sub-genres of Marxism are the same… a basis in the philosophies of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. Marxism encompasses the range from socialism to hard-core communism, and beyond, into other arenas (such as social issues); just as Rock and Roll has a basis in the blending of country, western, blues, jazz, and gospel… Like Rock and Roll though, Marxism has new things thrown into the mix.
With that in mind, consider this…
Marxism encompasses the following goals:
1. The destruction of the family… separating children from their parents for easier control.
2. The destruction of marriage… separating man from woman.
3. The abolition of religion… separating Man from God.
4. The abolition, or redefinition of, morality… separating Man from self-restraint.
5. The abolition of nationality and countries… separating Man from his community.
6. Nationalism, and a devotion to state (government) over individuality or liberty… separating Man from himself.
7. Compulsory state education… to further #1 through #6 above. To separate Man from the truth.
8. The abolition of private property… separating Man from the basis of human happiness, stability, prosperity, advancement, and freedom of contract. The foundation of a free society.
9. The abolition of weapons… separating Man from the means to defend himself and hold government to account.
10. The use of heavy taxes… further separating Man from his property, and depriving him of a means to improve his station.
11. A centralized, governmental banking system… a means to attain power and control the masses.
12. Governmental control of communication and transportation… separating Man from his freedom to associate.
13. Governmental control of business… separating Man from his ability to prosper and grow.
14. Redistribution of wealth… “from each according to his ability, to each according to his need”… separating Man from his independence.
15. Governmental control of population and society… separating Man from his free will.
16. Positive Law Theory instead of Natural Law Theory… separating Man from his inalienable rights.
When you separate Man from his family, wife, God, self-restraint, community, individualism, liberty, property, ability to defend himself, ability to improve his station, freedom of association, truth, prosperity, growth, independence, free will, and inalienable rights, what has he become?
An automaton that is easily controlled and manipulated, with no will to fight… a slave among slaves.
That is Marxism… that is why I portray it in a negative light.
I hope that clears things up a bit.